A guide, social entrepreneur, former world-class sailor and filmmaker. I am dedicated to helping you embody the most awake and purposeful self that you are meant to be.
I envision a world where aliveness, purpose and resilience are at the center of our lives and relationships. I believe in our power to shape a thriving future by evolving cultural narratives that stifle the human spirit and by deepening our ability to tap the wisdom within our heart, soul, body, nature and community. The quality of our presence determine the quality of the culture we shape. I have dedicated my life to understanding and evolving how humans relate to themselves, one another, our environment and our evolutionary impulse.
I am the visionary behind Awaken Leaders and the Founder of Dancing Without Borders, a non-profit dedicated to “Dancing the World Awake”. With a background in leadership coaching, community building and creative facilitation, I have led leadership retreats, social innovation labs, and large-scale community art projects both in the U.S. and internationally. I work with private individuals and organizations committed to ushering in a regenerative paradigm.
How I serve my clients is informed by a 15 year journey of researching consciousness, optimizing relationships, as well as, pursuing an Olympic quest as a solo sailor. In 2005, I ranked amongst the world class sailors worldwide – a result I achieved as I deepened my capacity to access the “feminine intelligence” found in embodied presence. In the wake of my athletic career, I co-founded the PJ Phelan Sailing Foundation which sought to unlock top national athletes’ potential based on holistic and collaborative paradigms. During my tenure, the organization had one of the largest endowments for amateur sports in Canada.
While I am originally from Quebec, I am currently living in California and identify as a global citizen.
- Featured in the Films The Goddess Film Project & The Art of Courage.
- 10-year Quest into the art of building thriving regenerative communities with a focus on the relational aspects of culture building.
- Strong network in the field of conscious media, social entrepreneurship, regenerative community and the healing of love.
- Brought the power of embodiment & rituals into United Nations conferences, Wisdom 2.0 and several strategic retreats and gathering of change-makers.
- Trained in innovative models of coaching, leadership, facilitation and collaboration.
- Produced and directed 6 short films focused on dancing the world awake.
- Coached the winners of the prestigious Brower Youth Awards program for 3 years.
- Designed and directed a dozen large scale immersive community artistic experiences, bringing unity and raising awareness in Transformational Festivals, Climate Negotiations, Earth Summit.
- 10-time burner. Burning Man has awakened my appreciation for community as a creative force for healing, creativity and social transformation.
- 15 year TM meditator
- Ranked #2 on the World Ranking & US National Champion in the Women Olympic single-handed sailing class (2005).
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
- Certified Professional Coach from the Coaches Training Institute since 2005 (CPCC)
- Certified Embodied Present Process Practitioner by Philip Shephard
- Trained in the Way of Council by Gigi Coyle of the School of Lost Borders
- Certified in Finding your Purpose Process The True Purpose Institute and personal mentorship of its founder Tim Kelley
- Trained in the Leadership Co-Active Model
- Trained in Non-Violent Communication
- Trained to facilitate Open Space Technology, World Cafe in the context of unconference
- Trained in the Collaborative Operating System
- Trained as a Vision Quest Guide with Wilderness Reflection
- Wisdom informed by numerous journeys with plant medicine
- BA in Business Administration, major in Marketing
Hi, I’m Sylvaine Hughson
An executive coach and former producer for NBC News. I have dedicated my life to seeking out the best teachers, masters, and mentors around Peak Performance and the energetics of human potential.
For as long as I can remember, I have been fascinated by the field of human potential. Whether it be on the physical, mental, emotional, or spiritual level – I have dedicated my life to seeking out the best teachers, masters, and mentors around Peak Performance and the energetics of human potential. My training spans the worlds of Eastern and Western wisdom teachings and modern science. As one of the primary facilitators for AwakenLeaders.com, I work closely with individuals and organizations to help them unlock their potential.
I am an Executive Health & Lifestyle Coach® and the Founder & Director of SNH International, LLC – The Art & Science of Optimized Living®. As the principle coach and consultant for SNH – I work closely with high-level professionals, performance-driven groups, and Fortune 500 companies. I help my clients unleash the power of optimized mindset, wellness & lifestyle to fuel their Peak Performance and accomplish their most important goals. To best serve my clients I became a certified Master Transformational Coach, Professional Life Coach, Yoga Instructor, Holistic Health Coach, Raw Living Foods Health Educator, FirstLine Therapy Lifestyle Educator, Corporate Wellness Consultant & Provider, and Traditional Reiki Master.
As a former producer and field producer in New York City for NBC News: Dateline NBC, The Today Show, Nightly News and MSNBC Specials, I understand the pressures and demands placed on individuals in the workplace and their need for exceptional performance. I originally pursued my various health trainings as a means to improve my own energy, endurance, wellbeing, and performance while under deadline.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
- Well.Org – Certified Corporate Wellness Consultant & Wellness Provider
- Teacher’s College Columbia University – Certified Integrative Nutrition Health Counselor
- The Institute for Integrative Nutrition – Certified Holistic Health Coach (CHHC)
- The Hippocrates Health Institute – Certified Hippocrates Health Educator (HHED)
- The Transformational Coaching Method™ – Certified Master TCM Coach (NLP)
- Metagenics University – Certified FirstLine Therapy Lifestyle Educator (FLTLE)
- The Coaches Training Institute – Professional Co-Active Coach (PCC)
- The Westchester Institute of Yoga – Certified Yoga Instructor
- Body Wisdom – Certified 3rd degree Traditional Reiki Master
- St. John’s College – BA Liberal Arts